INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS QUALITY MARK – GOLD ACCREDITATION
- The school provides an outstanding quality of education.
- Progress is outstanding in English, mathematics, science and information and communication technology.
- The huge respect students have for one another and the staff is the hallmark of this outstanding school.
- Teachers use their exceptionally strong subject knowledge to inspire students to achieve.
- The outstanding curriculum …enhances students’ personal development and sense of self-worth
- Parents speak exceptionally highly of the leadership of the school’s chief executive officer, principal and senior staff.
- The highly effective senior leadership team, in partnership with the very well-informed board of directors, have led improvements with clarity of vision and relentless determination.
From 14th to 16th May 2018, elc International School was visited by a team of four inspectors from Education Development Trust, a registered charity in England.
This visit was the culmination of a three year process involving yearly reviews with our Assigned Consultant, and documentation provided by school leaders to EDT covering the following eight standards:
- Student progress
- Personal development
- Teaching and learning
- Cares and support
- Partnership with parents
The inspectors looked at work in students’ journals, observed 63 lessons, held 25 meetings and reviewed school documentation on students’ progress, health and safety and safeguarding arrangements. We were judged outstanding in all eight standards. Consequently elc International School has been awarded the International Schools Quality Mark at the Gold level.
This outcome is testimony to the commitment of our staff- our teachers, management, as well as the non-teaching staff such as gardeners (“water features, green spaces and trees create a sense of peace and tranquility in a lush landscape”) and guards (“Students’ arrival to, and departure from, the school are organised well and warm greetings from teachers and security guards ensure a positive start to the day”).
We have been accredited for five years (until 16 May 2023). Rest assured we are not resting on our laurels but already planning improvements to be delivered over the next five years.