The curriculum used, in both the Primary and Secondary Divisions, is modelled on the National Curriculum for England. The School curriculum aims to –
From Early Years to Year 9 the curriculum is patterned on practices in leading British schools.
- provide opportunities for all students to learn and to achieve
- to promote students' moral, social and cultural development and prepare all students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
For Years 10 & 11 the students are prepared for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education [IGCSE] which they will be presented for in Year 11. The detailed curriculum for Years 10 & 11, which is exam based, is prescribed by the University of Cambridge - Cambridge International Examinations.
For Secondary Division there is no separation into Science and Arts streams. At the point of entry to Year 10, students together with their parents are advised on an optimum combination of subjects to begin the process of preparation for preferred career paths and university education. There is no direct admission into Year 11 as the IGCSE programme is a 2 year programme beginning in Year 10.
If you would like to view our past performance in the IGCSE examinations, please visit www.elcecho.com
Subjects offered in Primary are:
Subjects offered in Secondary are:
- English Language
- Art & Design
- Chinese Language
- French Language
- Malay Language
- Physical Education
- Agama (Malaysian Muslims Only)
||0500 English Language
0520 French Language
0546 Malay Language
0547 Chinese Language
0606 Additional Mathematics
* Agama (Malaysian Muslims only)
|0400 Art & Design
0413 Physical Education
0417 Information & Communication Technology
0450 Business Studies
0486 English Literature
At both Primary and Secondary levels apart from the academic subjects listed above, all students are required to participate in -
- Extra-Curricular Activities [ECA’s] e.g. Taekwon-Do[GTF], Drama & Dance, Orchestra
- Community Projects or the Interact Club [Rotary International]